He is an award-winning professional chef with years of experience under his belt.
But Lachlan Colwill from Hentley Farm made a rookie mistake and melted under the pressure when he went head-to-head with contestant Harry Foster on Tuesday’s episode of .
In an attempt to cool down his chocolate for his dessert, he spread it out on a surface – without realising it was actually a piping hot oven.
Whoops! Professional chef Lachlan Colwill melted under the pressure when he went head-to-head with contestant Harry Foster on Tuesday’s episode of MasterChef Australia
He only picked up on his mistake when one of the watching contestants pointed it out, saying: ‘You’ve got the oven underneath on high.’
Clearly a little flustered, pinbahis Lachlan said: ‘Oh, what a fool! Why did I put it there?’
‘Realising that I’ve put it on a bench that has a 180-degree oven underneath – oh, Chef 101.